Skip to main content


Fit Gyan eyes AFCON glory

Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan has high hopes of achieving "something great" with his country at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
Gyan: High hopes
Gyan: High hopes

Ghana striker Asamoah Gyan has high hopes of achieving "something great" with his country at the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations.
The Al-Ain frontman was an injury doubt ahead of the tournament in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea, but has pledged to put his body on the line after being included in the Black Stars squad.
He told News-One: "I would do my best not to fail Ghana and I know my team mates also have the same mind.
"I know some people are not sure of my health even though the doctors have declared me fit and I know I am fit. The truth is that God heals and my strength lies in him alone.
"As humans we can only do our best and you know, the doctors only treat but God heals. That is why we say God heals but doctors take the fees. So there is no cause for alarm. The doctors say I am fit and I know I am fit."
Gyan has also pleaded to the county's supporters to get behind the team ahead of their opening clash against Botswana.
"We only need your prayers and support," he declared.
"I want to do something great for my country during this tournament and I won't let my country down. My morale and spirits are very high and I know God would listen to our prayers.
"Apart from the training and field work, I believe in God that He has the ultimate say and personally I pray a lot and I know my teammates also pray.
"We believe in God and all I can say is that the God who brought us where we are now would take us where we belong and we belong to the top you know. Yeah. That is what I believe and that is what I would be working towards."

Comments

HABARI ZILIZOSOMWA ZAIDI

MAKABILA 10 YENYE WANAWAKE WAREMBO TANZANIA

HAKUNA BINADAMU ALIYESALIMIKA NA UPOFU HUU...

SERIKALI KUWACHUKULIA HATUA WATANZANIA WATAKAOVAA JEZI ZA MAMELODI AU AL AHLY

ALLY KAMWE AZIMIA KWA MKAPA.

RAIS SAMIA KUZINDUA MKUTANO MKUU WA 79 WA BARAZA LA MICHEZO YA MAJESHI DUNIANI

MIGINGO KISIWA KIDOGO ZAIDI AFRIKA KILICHOGOMBEWA NA UGANDA, KENYA